Monday, 20 February 2012
Listography- top 5 things that make me happy.
The theme is happiness this week which is apt as I have been having a rather cheerful day today!
So here are my five:
1) My children. They drive me mad. I moan about them a LOT. Their behaviour often makes me question myself daily and doubt my abilities as a mother. However, they are AMAZING and constantly make me smile with the things they say or do. I admit the smile normally comes at the end of the day just after I have checked on them before I go to bed- you know, when all is peaceful! This is when I usually recall something sweet or funny they have done during the day and tell my husband.
2) My husband. He has put up with me for 13 years during which time I've had ups and downs and at times been a right misery but he has always been there to cheer me up and offer words of comfort and support. Something he says will usually make me laugh. I am also happy when I am spending time with him. Mostly that's with the kids too, but occasionally (like the weekend just gone) it's just the two of us enjoying being us and not just mummy and daddy.
3) Coffee mornings with my Mum friends. I have a great group of mummy friends. I love mornings when I get to pop round someone's house after the school run, or have a mum or two round mine for a chat and a cuppa. It's always really refreshing to discover that you aren't the only one who completely lost it and yelled at your little one on the way to school over something petty, or who had a complete meltdown over the weekend, convinced you were a failure! Real mummy friends are fantastic for advice and support. Guaranteed to make me feel :-D Occassionally we get to have a night out too and swap coffee for wine which is even better!
4) Sunshine! It goes without saying for most people that the sunnier the day the brighter the mood. I'm not a big fan of very hot weather but I love bright sunshine and blue sky! Proper spring days are probably my favourite.
5) Home. OK, technically home is in Crawley and has been for 11 years. It is my home and my whole life is pretty much here now. However, for some reason though I still refer to Mum and Dad's (in the New Forest) as 'home', perhaps because it was my childhood home. Usually it makes me feel happy to go and visit as often it has been several weeks since I saw Mum, Dad, and my sister. If I'm honest I am usually peed off quite quickly, especially since having three children and us all being crammed into the house, stuff everywhere! There is a familiar feeling about being down there though. Bit strange as I know no-one else really there now apart from neighbours but it's nice and the family are fantastic with the children. The New Forest is also a lovely area and just driving through it reminds me of going for walks when I was younger. I also got married down there and always remember the drive through the forest from the church to the hotel :-)
Why not pop across to http://katetakes5.blogspot.com/2012/02/listography-top-5-things-that-make-me.html and read some other happy things from others? Go, on, it'll make you smile!